WHO WE ARE? We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and The Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony and mobiles services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC and Cabletica. We started small, and now we’re growing. We’re excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region.
WHAT´S THE ROLE
The financial reporting team for Liberty Latin America comprises team members in both Denver and Panama. The teams work together as one unit to ensure the Company’s consolidated financial statements, bank group financial statements and various other financial reports are presented fairly in accordance with U.S GAAP or IFRS, as required. The Company is in the early stages of establishing a company-wide centralized accounting function in Panama, which will include a financial reporting “center of excellence.” This position will report to the Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting located in Panama and assist in the successful completion of the accounting and financial reporting duties performed.
What you´ll do:
• Prepare workpaper templates used by the operating markets for purposes of monthly and quarterly close processes.
• Prepare various reports and/or analysis used for purposes of the monthly close process
• Perform monthly financial statement reviews of operating markets to identify unusual period-over-period changes; ensure proper financial statement presentation, such as cash flow presentation; monitor and resolve intercompany mismatches on a monthly-basis; resolve accounting issues with local markets; and ensure accounting is completed in accordance with monthly and quarterly reporting timelines;
• Assist with the preparation of supporting work papers for SEC reports (10-Q’s and 10-K’s);
• Assist with the quarterly preparation of supporting work papers for certain bank group quarterly and annual reports and other periodic financial statements;
• Ensure internal control processes are followed and documentation required for control testing and audit purposes is performed;
• Facilitate and support audits related to statutory reporting requirements;
• Provide support to investor relations and FP&A groups with respect to earnings releases, investor presentations and other materials, as needed.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or master’s degree in accounting.
• 2-4 years of accounting experience. Industry experience, public accounting and/or SEC public company experience is a benefit.
• CPA or equivalent (or pursuit of CPA/equivalent license) is beneficial but not required.
Knowledge & Experience:
• English fluency required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, as this role will be communicating regularly (mostly via Web-ex, email and phone) with the Denver financial reporting and accounting personnel of the Company’s operating markets;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines;
• Knowledge and experience utilizing Hyperion Financial Management (“HFM”) system, while not required, is a benefit;
• Familiarity with consolidating processes and procedures;
• Understanding of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS;
• Ability to work in a complex and demanding environment. A strong work ethic and high level of integrity are required;
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills;
• Ability to critically evaluate work processes and identify areas for improvement; and
• Strong Excel-based skills.
WHY JOIN US:
TECHNOLOGY EXITES US, ENABLES US AND DRIVES US. WE´RE PROUD OF THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE, THE MARKETS THAT WE SERVE AND OUR PEOPLE COMING TOGETHER TO ENHANCE OUR CUSTOMERS´ LIVES WITH TECHNOLOGY SO THAT THEY CAN CONNECT, WORK, LIVE AND PLAY WITHOUT MISSING BEAT. TROUGHOUT LIBERTY LATIN AMERICA, OUR PASSION AND PRIDE ARE BROUGHT TO LIFE THROUGH OUR SHARED VISION: TO BRING INNOVATION THAT WILL CREATE MOMENTS THAT MATTER TO OUR CUSTOMERS, DELIVERING GROWTH IN OUR MARKETS WITH ONE VISION, ONE CULTURE AND ONE TEAM.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.