Job Purpose Information Management (IM) Officer role, is to support the COVID-19 Emergency Operation within the Disaster and Crisis Prevention, Response and Recovery (DCPRR) and Health Departments within in the IFRC Americas Regional Office (ARO) with development, maintenance and update of information products.
During the COVID-19 Emergency Operation, the IM Officer support will be based on supporting National Societies to collect, analyse and share key data related to COVID-19 response at both regional- and country-levels, in close coordination and alignment of tools of regional and global IM teams. Since the GO Platform will be a key asset for National Societies to host preparedness and operational information products (dashboards, maps, situation reports, activities), the IM Officer will advocate the use and support the GO Platform, specifically COVID-19 field reports and GO emergency pages at regional- and country-levels.
The IM Officer will maintain critical databases related to COVID-19 emergency operation and other information products that require updates with a defined frequency.
The IM Officer will ensure that analytical frameworks and analysis plans are implemented throughout the operation and in support to IFRC sectors. The IM Officer will be responsible for implementing innovative approaches and solutions to qualitative and quantitative analysis, including software.
The IM Officer will report directly to the COVID19 Ops Manager and holds a Technical line manager to the IM Senior Officer, DCPRR.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The job responsibilities include a close collaboration with the IM team within the Americas, the Global IM team (Geneva and Regional Office focal points), with different IFRC staff members, and more broadly, with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement members to:
- Support the IM pillar in COVID-19 emergency operation.
- Support National Societies on their COVID-19 specific emergency pages on GO.
- Support National Societies on IM practices for developing and managing their own information products.
- Collaborate with regional IM team in capacity building activities to Movement members in the Americas Region (NS/IFRC).
- Reinforce regional IM network to support National Societies and the IFRC in Americas region, aligned with Surge Information Management Support (SIMS) network, IM processes and best practices.
- Maintain existing databases and information sharing systems deployed for COVID-19 emergency operation;
- Ensure an efficient data collection system aligned with IFRC and National Society needs that allows analysis and presentation of information;
- Support, advise or facilitate (when assigned) the analysis and related reporting processes based on the analysis framework;
- Disseminate information products to all those who require them in a timely and useful format.
- Advocate for the use of IM tools and products in decision making and reporting.
- Establish clear information flows and explain them to whoever needs to make use of it, both as users and managers;
- Create basic maps, infographics, dashboards and other data visualisation products filling needs and requirements and disseminate. • Ensure that IM products are accurate, comprehensible, clear and simple.
- Ensure that information is updated on GO-platform to facilitate information sharing and promote the usage of the platform in support of the operations;
- To provide technical support to GO COVID-19 emergency pages for National Societies;
- To support on capacity building activities to grow the IM component in the region;
- Complying with the IFRC Policies and Guidelines that become relevant to any work; Any other reasonable tasks as stipulated by the line manager and other senior staff.
- 2+ year(s) experience with graphic design and data visualisation with the ability to translate complex digital information into clear and attractive graphic representations
- 1+ year(s) experience with GIS tools and ability to produce basic maps to visualise geographic information
- 1+ year experience with mobile data collection tools (Kobo and ODK)
- Strong background in data and information management and informatics
- Strong computer literacy skills with advanced skills in MS Excel
- Experience within the humanitarian field, preferred on disaster response and project management
- 1 (+) years of experience within the RCRCM
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential, with the ability to craft an analytical narrative from data findings
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy in order to manage relationships with many stakeholders and in a complex situational environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to synthesize, order, process and prioritize large amounts of information
- Strong attention to detail in both listening and visualisation design
- Ability to take initiative to create new processes from scratch and act to fill identified gaps
- Strong knowledge of data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, GIS tools)
- Skills in database management, web design and programming
- Good domain of information technology is an advantage
Competencies and values
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Fluently spoken and written Spanish
- Good command of another IFRC official language (i.e., Portuguese)
Deadline: 09 July 2020
Job Title Order Processing Analyst Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Represent and defend the interests of our internal and external...
Desde Philips - Panamá
Publicado hace un mes
Requisitos:Psychology, Business administration, International Business administration and international relations Graduates. Experience in Project Management...
Desde Black Vitriol - Panamá
Publicado hace 15 días
Seleccionamos personal con amplia experiencia en diseño, desarrollo y programación de sitios web, además con conocimiento en desarrollo de apps Móviles...
Desde 3N1 CORPORATION - Panamá
Publicado hace 14 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nWe are growing fast and are constantly looking for talented, happy and ambitious Creative Project Managers to join our global team...
Desde Superside - Panamá
Publicado hace 8 días