We are looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to oversee day-to-day effective and efficient management of all financial and administration activities and operations in Panama.
The Finance and Administration Manager directs all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, payroll, bank reconciliations, audit, insurance, local tax reporting, and fixed assets at the Country level.
- Financial Statements and External Reporting
- Oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly close of General Ledger.
- Compiles cash flow forecast
- Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Oversees all financial audits of the operations in Panama.
- Reviews payroll, payroll control sheets, and allocations.
- Budgets and Budgetary Controls
- General Ledger:
- Oversees all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately inaccordance with organization policies, GAAP and governmental regulations.
- Human Resources Management:
- Processes monthly payroll and ensure that payroll is completed in compliance with Panama tax and labor requirements.
- Logistics and Administration
- Oversees day-to-day office and residential premises; to include, leases and maintenance
Qualification and Experience
- Graduate degree or other post-graduate qualification in finance or accounting (will consider experience in lieu of Master’s degree).
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least three (3) to four (4) years in a INGO or similar field.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in supervisory/management role, managing, mentoring, and building capacity of direct reports.
- Knowledgeable of Panama laws and regulations;
- Oral and written fluency in both written and spoken English and Spanish is required
- Ability to travel throughout Panama as required; ability to travel internally