At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and collections, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Responsible for providing support in all matters relating to the accounting for direct and indirect taxes (e.g. income tax, VAT etc.) for LATAM subsidiaries of US multinational company.
- Maintain regional tax and compliance calendar and tracker, preparing/reviewing local filing and submission requirements.
- Maintain tracker of keys reports and documentation related to tax in the LATAM region.
- Support regional expansion strategy by addressing possible tax implications to be factored into expansion plans, pricing and modelling for business cases.
- Support regional/Global initiatives to optimize entity org structure and status within the region, with the goal of minimizing regional company tax obligations and providing tax benefits to employees.
- Support tax audits / tax litigation cases in the LATAM region (e.g. inventory of the relevant documentation etc.).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, CPA preferable.
- 1 to 3 years of experience working with a corporate tax department or public accounting firm/ consulting services.
- Knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and tax returns.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel – preferable advanced level).
- Advanced English level.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Location: Panamá, Juan Diaz