Purpose: Reporting to the Mine Production Geology the Shift Supervisor – Mine Geology and Planning will support
objectives in the Mining Technical area by leading a team of spotters and drilling contractors, and
providing guidance and support to Operations and Dispatch supervision to execute shift plan as outlined
in the daily mine plan. Tasks will generally be related to accurate definition of material types, optimal
mining practices, control of ARD, ore-blending activities and blend trouble-shooting, and, ensuring shift
compliance to daily plan.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges:
• Provide roving inspections of digging faces, dumps, and stockpiles from a mine plan context, and be the primary contact for Geology
and Mine Technical with Operations Supervisors for control of ore-loss and dilution, dissemination, and Acid Rock Drainage control,
feed plan, mining to plan
• Ensure Operations supervisors have been communicated the shift plan, and provide context for the plan in relation to Mine Technical
• Monitor blast drilling plan compliance.
• Monitor digging and dumping compliance.
• Monitor all grade block mining for all equipment and communicate with Dispatch and Operators where Spotters are not present.
• Monitor crusher-feed blend compliance, and ensure that trouble-shooting options for variations to plans are within the best interests of
the Technical and Operations teams.
• Liaise with Processing Operations when feed plans change, and provide the interface to the Technical team on behalf of the Mine
Geologists and Mine Planning Engineers when on the afternoon and night shifts.
• Respond to production requests and represent the shift-plan for Mining and Mining Technical.
• Participate in sampling and mark-up duties for identification and delineation of materials, particularly where there are unusual
• Upload Geology grade blocks to the MineStar system, modify material typing of grade blocks as mine exposures dictate, provide basic
trouble-shooting, and maintain the database of active grade blocks and material type allocations using wireless tablets and other
• Compile end-of-shift information including digging irregularities for handover to on-coming crews.
• Employ the FQM Way culture in all duties - "Bolder, Smarter, Driven, Together."
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Geologist
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• . Tertiary Degree, Diploma or Certificate.
• Current Panamanian National drivers licence is mandatory.
• Good written/verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to undertake the manual duties of the role.
• Aptitude to trouble shoot and problem solve.
• Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• 1-2 year Woking experience in earthmoving environment .
• Proven ability to read and interpret maps and plots, section
• Proven ability to operate various computer systems and perform basic mathematical functions in Excel (or other similar
• Fluency in Spanish is required. Intermediate English highly regarded but not required.
Safety and Environment
• Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
• Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
• Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
• Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
• Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings
Preparación -Native English or equivalent Habilidades y Funciones -Above all, must be able to be warm and helpful to other people Breve descripción del...
Publicado hace 23 días
Requisition Number: 510734Contract Type: Fixed Term, On-goingCountry: PanamaLocation: DonosoSite: Cobre Panama - Mine SiteCategories: MiningFirst Quantum...
Desde First Quantum Minerals Ltd. - Panamá
Publicado hace un mes
At Tetra Pak we touch millions of people’s lives every day, ensuring better nutrition and healthier lifestyles through safe packaging and food processing...
Desde Tetra Pak - Panamá
Publicado hace un mes
Principales funciones y responsabilidades: - Almacenar productos dentro de cuartos fríos. - Llevar control de inventario, verificando la existencia de...
Desde Confidential - Panamá
Publicado hace un mes