POSITION PURPOSE The Global Community Engagement Manager is responsible for leading best practice community engagement strategies for the World Mosquito Program’s global project sites. The Manager’s role is to provide strategic leadership to community engagement activities to ensure the on-going success and sustainability of our international programs.
The Global Community Engagement Manager drives the adoption of high-quality and consistent practices for successful and responsible community engagement and works strategically with the relevant communities as required, through project site community engagement leads, project managers, in-country team members, as well as other WMP teams to ensure the effective implementation of Program activities, WMP’s Public Acceptance Model (PAM) and strategic objectives.
- Lead the implementation of global community engagement practices for WMP including the development of a strong strategic approach to engagement and ensure each country project site aligns their activities as appropriate to this approach.
- Build proactive relationships with senior engagement leads in each of the project sites, in order to provide clear leadership and direction to their local efforts and ensure consistency with the objectives and strategy of the program and Institute.
- Develop and support the delivery of innovative and best-practice community engagement project initiatives that are aligned with the program’s mission and strategic plan and that will have a significant and sustainable impact, taking into consideration the context-specific needs in-country.
- Develop and cultivate international development opportunities and community engagement strategies that will aid the achievement of Program goals, including representing the Program at a senior level both nationally and internationally
- Pro-actively support community engagement opportunities through building capability internally though development opportunities and developing and fostering important relationships with targeted audiences and community-based groups in conjunction with project site teams.
- Build internal and external relationships as required to enhance WMP’s approach to community engagement, including with representatives from government agencies, NGOs, and NFPs.
- Assist implementation of the monitoring and evaluation framework for project site community engagement activities.
- Build links between in-country and global advocacy work within the Program and work collaboratively to develop programs with regional and country-based staff, and local partner organisations and stakeholders, to ensure projects are context-specific and appropriate, and to strengthen program development capacity in-country.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- The appointee will have a post graduate qualification in International Development (or similar) with extensive experience and expertise in working with global NGO’s around complex health interventions in developing countries, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, extensive training and/or experience
- Fluent in English; Spanish an advantage
- Significant experience in management and strategic leadership, and in driving the implementation of development projects and programs;
- Superior communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Advanced knowledge of community engagement issues and practices in a global context and an understanding of their implications for the development, implementation and evaluation of community engagement plan;
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and constructively within local communities, including operational hands-on capacity in community-based settings;
- Outstanding organisational, time and project management skills, including the ability to plan, implement and execute new initiatives with the demonstrated ability to think creatively in order to innovate
- Superior analytical and conceptual skills with the ability manage academic stakeholders and to develop creative solutions to complex business projects.
- Proven cross-cultural awareness skills in a global context, preferably in the Americas.
- Please submit your application in English only by 3 April 2020 to **********
- Please enclose a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria (2 pages maximum).
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6BEUR of...
Publicado hace un mes
Propósito de la actividad/asignación: Brindar apoyo técnico, operativo y administrativo al área de programas de UNICEF Panamá para la implementación del...
Desde Devex - Panamá
Publicado hace un mes
A mutually rewarding experience. Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars...
Publicado hace 23 días
Job Title Order Processing Analyst Job Description In this role, you have the opportunity to Represent and defend the interests of our internal and external...
Desde Philips - Panamá
Publicado hace 18 días