Contract Length: 10 months Number of Vacancies: 1 Student Level:
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 5 years of teaching experience
- Required Certificates:
- A current passport and a health certificate.
- Monthly salary of $1500
- 2 round trip tickets during the school year
- Private housing (including electricity and internet) in a gated community apartment
- Transportation to/from school
- Transportation to/from the airport
Founded in 2011,Five Stars Academy (FSA)is a private, highly-academic institution that combines the home-schooling philosophy of focusing on the individual student with the expertise of professional, experienced, certified teachers.We have the flexibility of choices expected in an experimental school while offering a U.S. Accredited Diploma with a partner school. FSA provides opportunities for students to learn self-sufficiency, to develop leadership skills and understand the impact they can have on their surroundings.Whether through classroom studies, mission work in and out of Panama, the diverse range of learning and growing opportunities available from living in the interior of Panama, or the student’s daily exposure to out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving, the goal is to tap into the best our students have to offer for themselves and for the World.With the average class size of less than 10 students to 1 instructor, we are able to maintain high expectations while providing individual support. Located in Santa Clara, Panama, 90 minutes west of Panama City, more than 20 countries comprise our student body. We began with 5 young students and have grown to 95+.Five Stars Academy had its first graduating class in May 2019.
Five Stars Academy is seeking a Grade 5 elementary teacher. We are looking for a teacher who is flexible, encouraging, positive, and willing to take on new challenges. The teacher is responsible for instructing the elementary classroom in all capacities.
Please include the following documents to your Teach Away profile
- A letter of application (no more than one page). If you are applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy
- An up-to-date CV (no more than two pages). Copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors)