GSAP Technical Support Engineer I
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why working here can be an awesome experience
We are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, who work in a collaborative, diverse, innovative and ethic environment. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities, all in an international perspective. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Support Engineer I in the GSAP Program.
What is GSAP?
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires and trains candidates through a globally consistent and proven program. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE I), you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes:
• An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell EMC way of doing business
• Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools
• The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
After Boot Camp, our training period, you will transition into support team and begin working in your full time role directly impacting Dell’s Total Customer Experience. Your main duty will be to:
• Provide technical support to field support personnel, Dell customers and Dell distributors
• You will develop resolutions to problems
• You will record and update customer calls on Customer Service Call Tracking Databases in a timely and accurate manner. It will be important for you to use defined protocols and independent judgment to properly escalate more complex issues to more experienced staff in order to resolve customer issues in the most expedient manner possible
• You will work closely with customers to resolve technical issues on various information systems and information storage platforms. These issues can include any or all of the following components: Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows, and/or MVS), Networking (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, iSCSI), Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, and Databases – relational and hierarchical.
• Finally, you will redirect or provide necessary follow-up with customers and Customer Service Management to ensure issue is satisfactorily resolved
Are you enticed by solving problems? Love technology and see yourself providing help? Here's what you can learn:
• How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
• How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide
• How to lead through influence
You are our candidate if:
• You have advanced or fluent English skills
• You have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, with graduation within the last 3 years
• You possess a basic, working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems. You also understand computer systems (CPU, memory, buses, I/O, device drivers, buffering, job scheduling, virtual memory, file systems and file systems structure)
• You have a working knowledge of Networking to include TCP/IP, Ethernet, addressing, mapping, flow control, naming, routing and traffic. As for Databases, you would have a high level understanding of relational and hierarchal, design, file system organization and indexing
• You have an understanding of the storage industry, such as storage management, storage architecture and business continuity round out your skill technical skill set
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
About the selective process:
After your application, we'll be evaluating your resume and call you in case you are aligned to what we are looking for. After this first contact by phone, if you're approved, we'll be scheduling one interview with the hiring managers. See you and good luck!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Descripción de la Plaza/nüMínimo Primaria completa. üDeberesidir en el área Oeste. üExperiencia mínima de 3 años en puesto similares. üExperiencia en Manejo de...
Desde Manpower Panamá - Panamá
Publicado hace 23 días
Inside Sales Specialist, IPS 2General Description of activities:Maintains relationships at executive leadership and departmental levels to lead to new business...
Desde Dell - Panamá
Publicado hace 22 días
Senior Analyst, Order To Cash Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Description Day to Day Service Delivery Oversee Third Party Provider in the carrying out of AR...
Desde The Estée Lauder Companies - Panamá
Publicado hace 22 días
We are looking enthusiastic individual with solid skills in to join our team as a Contract Analyst in Panama City. This is an exciting career opportunity to...
Desde Maersk - Panamá
Publicado hace 22 días