Job Description Program Coordinators will live and work in one of our headquarter cities for six months while developing and facilitating a transformational summer travel experience for diverse U.S. high school students. Two Program Coordinators per site will be supported by their Country Director and supporting permanent staff to create and execute 16 day itineraries for three or four delegations. Itineraries will be focused on global education, service learning, and leadership development.
Each delegation is comprised of 18-22 students, two traveling educators, and two in-country Program Coordinators. Program Coordinators will receive approximately 3 weeks of initial and follow-up training. The position runs from March 1, 2019 through the end of August, 2019.
Program Coordinators gain both skills and experience benefiting careers in the private and nonprofit sectors, international development and education. Beyond a job, this is an opportunity to change the lives of youth and inspire them to become responsible global citizens who take action to better their world.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
March to May – Training & Program Development
- Learn and implement GG specific program development tools, techniques, policies and procedures.
- Attend 3 trainings during this time period: Program Components Training (1 week in March), Program Logistics Training (1 week in April), and First Aid and CPR training (1 week in May)
- Network in local communities to find ideal contacts for themed days, set-up field trips, speakers and educational activities.
- Partner with local organizations to establish community-oriented projects and service- learning activities.
- Develop a fully detailed itinerary for three or four delegations based on the educational GG themes (delegations arrive in June, July and August). Selected PCs in one of our Chitré and Las Tablas sites may have 4 delegations.
- Manage site budget and use financial resources responsibly to ensure all activities are within budget.
- Manage and document all program logistics (food, transportation, accommodation, health & safety, and relationships with providers).
June, July and August- Program Execution
- Work as a team with your fellow Program Coordinator to execute the 16 day itineraries you built with your partner.
- Co-facilitate program seminars, educational workshops, and student reflections (in English).
- Attend to all participant needs. Global Glimpse staff is on call 24/7 while students are in country.
- Ensure US students and leaders have a meaningful, inspirational, fun, safe and educational experience.
- Mentor, guide and inspire personal development in participants.
- Problem-solve using resourceful and creative solutions (i.e. changes in schedules, manage individual and group conflicts).
- Abide by all Global Glimpse protocols in addressing all participants’ health and safety related emergencies.
- Manage delegation budgets and track all delegation expenses.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- English and Spanish fluency (certified* written and verbal)
- Strong time management skills. Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to elaborate Excel spreadsheets and documents in Word and Google Docs (and Google Drive).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience working with diverse populations and ability to build and maintain community relationships.
- Strong team player (compassionate, committed, supportive role model).
- Enjoys working with and teaching youth (one on one and in group settings).
- Adaptable and flexible to job needs.
- Experience working in educational travel settings preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing budgets preferred but not required.
- For foreign applicants: experience living and working in the developing world, preferably in Panama.
- Experience with performing live interpretation and written translation (Spanish-English) preferable but not required.
- Experience working with a multicultural staff team
Compensation: USD $700.00 per month (for 6 months)
- Cell Phone and cell phone plan for work-related purposes.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Health insurance
- All food and transport work-related costs will be covered while you are with students in country (June - August).
How to Apply:
This position is not right for everyone and requires committed individuals who can dedicate their full efforts to the program and are ready to learn.
To apply, please go to globalglimpse.net/aplica/ and carefully read the application instructions, upload your CV, a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and a short 1-minute video by December 15th, 2018.
To learn more about Global Glimpse and this position visit our website: www.globalglimpse.org
Req ID: 34924 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees...
Publicado hace un mes
Req ID: Job Function: Ocean Freight Full:Time/Part:Time: Full:time Contract Type: Permanent Job Level: Professional Purpose of the position The Country Ocean...
Publicado hace 20 días
Requisition ID: MAR007235 MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The...
Publicado hace 24 días
Job description 13; We are looking for new agents in the following areas: :Customer service :Sales :Tech support :Collections 13; Requirements 13; :Advanced...
Publicado hace un mes