BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT: The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 90 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
About 18,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor. Staff us either working from its Headquarters in Rome, from one of WFP’s 6 Regional Bureaux or –mostly-from Country or sub/area offices.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, based in Panama (RBP), has the overall objective to ensure strategic coherence and support programme and management excellence for WFP operations in the region. The RBP Programme Unit in particular is responsible for:
- Providing regional strategic guidance, policy support and direction with respect to WFP operations and activities in the region, including guidance and assistance to Country Offices in strategic planning.
- Providing oversight of WFP Country Office operations and activities in the region, to facilitate programme improvements and to monitor compliance with corporate rules, regulations and standards.
- Ensuring adequate technical support is provided to Country Offices (CO) so that they possess the necessary technical and operational capacities to implement their programmes and facilitate the sharing of technical resources between countries in the region.
In the case of WFP in Latin America and the Caribbean (RBP) enhanced M&R capacities still need further consolidation. M&R functions of the RAM (research, assessment and monitoring) team include:
The provision of advocacy/strategic support in terms of M&R, Enhanced M&R frameworks and capacities, Facilitation of M&R related Learning and Innovation (RBP COs), Enhance Results Reporting on RBP activities, Support provision in RBP region related to its Review function.
Under the direct guidance of the Regional Monitoring Advisor the staff member will perform the following tasks:
1.Support Country Offices (CO) excellence in M&R, including by a) ensuring compliance with corporate rules, regulations and standards, b) facilitating periodic oversight exercises and providing recommendations to CO management, c) facilitating the roll-out of corporate strategies, guidance and processes related to M&R.
2.Support improved evidence generation regionally, including through assisting COs to design and/or implement MRE (Monitoring, review and evaluation) strategies and plans; supporting with thematic studies and research undertaken in the region on topics relevant to WFP’s strategic positioning in the region.
3. Act as regional focal point for, and provide assistance for, CO users of the corporate project management and reporting system (COMET).
4. Facilitate the regular follow up, extraction and analysis of monitoring and operational data from corporate project management systems (COMET), with the aim to improve its use and usefulness, including through the use of advanced visualization software and techniques.
5. Supporting the annual performance planning and review exercises in the RB and in country offices, in particular in the elaboration and analysis of corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to the area of M&E.
6. Conducting periodic exercises to monitor the implementation of recommendations resulting from evaluations conducted in the region.
7. Support COs in conducting Mid-Term Reviews of their Country Strategic Plans.
8. Support in compilation and review of M&R sections in project proposals, project documents and corporate reports
9. Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Advanced University degree or University degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, Nutrition/Public Health, Social Studies, Statistics, development studies or other related field.
Experience: At least five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, food security, vulnerability analysis or a closely related area.
Work experience in monitoring humanitarian and/or development interventions, database management and household data analysis. Experience in monitoring, food security, vulnerability and livelihood analysis, needs assessments an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Good knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, SAS, Excel).
- Working Knowledge of tableau or similar visualization tools.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and ideas and to communicate effectively.
- Track record of producing reports and other communication materials.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SPSS (or other statistical package), Knowledge of Tableau.
Languages: English and Spanish (proficiency/level C).
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are internal applicant, apply through yor E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
The deadline to apply is 30 March, 2020 (midnight Panama Time).
NOTA: Es importante destacar que solo las aplicaciones hechas directamente en el link que se muestra a continuación, serán consideradas para esta posición.
Requisition ID: Work Area: Sales Expected Travel: 0 : 10 Career Status: Professional Employment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in...
Publicado hace 14 días
Descripción de la Plaza/nEmpresa dedicada a la organización de eventos en búsqueda de chofer Apoyar con el acarreo de los implementos que se utilizarán para los...
Desde Trusted Partner Panama - Panamá
Publicado hace 14 días
Descripción Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with...
Desde Oim - Panamá
Publicado hace 13 días
Descripción Nuestra empresa afiliadaQuality Restaurant Inspectorsse encuentra en la búsqueda de candidatos responsables, estudiantes o titulados en carreras...
Desde The Quality Group - Panamá
Publicado hace 13 días