Req ID: Job Function: Marketing and Sales Full:Time/Part:Time: Full:time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Purpose of the role
To execute the sales strategy in the Country and to promote industry specific solutions based on Panalpina's products and Supply Chain solutions.
The primary purposes of this role are:
1. To support the management of (Strategic) Key Accounts in assigned industries at country level or globally, collaborating with Country Sales organizations as relevant.
2. To take Country responsibility to enhance Panalpina's position towards the industries and meet the objectives of growth and profitability with new and existing customers.
3. To define and roll out the individual and aligned Industry Vertical Strategy within the Country.
4. To actively participate to Country growth target settings .
5. Manage assigned Strategic Key Accounts (Country KAM and Sales Support). Assignment of Strategic Key account is jointly approved by Country Head of Marketing and Sales .
* Build and maintain close and beneficial relationships with Strategic Key Accounts and Country Key accounts where applicable;
* Coordinate and steer sales activities with different Countries and BUs;
* Plan and manage sales pipeline of expected and upcoming tenders;
* Qualify sales pipeline regarding margin and win probability in cooperation with Tender Management, lead country and SKAM;
* Build a pro:active sales approach towards the Strategic Accounts based on the customer needs and the Unique Selling Propositions of Panalpina;
* Direct and oversee global bids and proposals on his/her Lead Area Strategic Key accounts, owning final responsibility for the commercial proposition in line with Corporate policies and customer solutions of tenders and bids. Agree and align final commercial proposition with, Regional Product, Regional Tender Management and the Countries, as required;
* Support Countries on designated Country Key Account RFQ ;
* Ensure rolling sales forecasts from customers and provide information at least on quarterly basis to Country Product and Procurement and Country Trade Lane Sales Management ;
* Identify and develop new markets and specific products in close cooperation with respective Regional and Country functions;
* Develop and execute Strategic Key Account Plan on the assigned Strategic Key Account with the designated account team ;
* Is responsible to update dashboard on monthly basis of the assigned SKA;
* Ensure timely and accurate external (global) reporting towards the assigned Key Accounts;
* Upon confirmation of Strategic Key Account assignment by Country Head of Marketing and Sales, functionally lead Strategic Key Account Manager(s) if applicable, and IV Sales Manager(s) for the assigned account(s);
* Is responsible for the overall coordination and proper execution of the account plan and any other (Strategic) Key Account projects, in cooperation with relevant Country and Regional functions;
* Provide profit guidelines to SKA team for ad:hoc quotations on the assigned SKA;
* Globally owns and ensures full adherence to SOPs across the organization on the assigned SKA;
* Take lead role and actively participate to the assigned SKA RFI and RFQ opportunities;
* Prepare RFI and RFQ Post:Mortem analysis and share with Tender Management, Products and any other relevant internal stakeholders;
* Ensure Cost Budgeting for Key Account(s) on country level and for Strategic Key Account(s) on global level with the respective support Areas.
* Propose and evaluate potential Strategic Key Accounts with the Country Head of Marketing and Sales ;
* Develop Country Industry Verticals Strategy in alignment with Regional IVs, Product and Supply Chain Strategies;
* Direct and manage implementation of the CKA in close cooperation with the Country Management and Regional Head of Industry