Company Description Inchcape Shipping Services is the world’s leading maritime services provider. Through our proprietary network of some 290 offices employing over 3,600 people across 67 countries, our company provides its customers with an unparalleled global resource delivered locally and tailored to each customer’s individual needs.
Our diversified customer base includes clients across the oil, cruise, container and bulk commodity sectors as well as serving naval, government and inter-governmental clients. Additionally, Inchcape provides logistics services, offshore support and other associated marine services.
What We Stand For
Inchcape’s employee-first culture appreciates, values and empowers our teams to grow and work together for a higher purpose. We create exceptional customer service experiences while fulfilling our customer’s maritime needs by providing sustainable solutions. Living out our values and principles leads us to become the benchmark in the maritime service industry.
Inchcape’s Commitment to Ethics and Compliance extends to employees at all organizational levels, in all business units, in all countries and offices around the world. Inchcape commits to empowering its people with the tools they need to make the right decisions. Inchcape has a strong anti-retaliation policy which protects anyone who speaks up with a sincere and honest concern. This protection covers all employees regardless of their level within the organization.
As Senior DA Team Lead you play a critical role in driving the Region’s cash flow and exceeding the customer’s expectations; critical to Inchcape’s success which is built on a foundation of customer obsession, and innovation. This position is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance strategy and execution.
You lead a dynamic team of Disbursement centers strategically located across North and Central America. Operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team and standardizing the disbursement process across the various disbursement centers will be a key deliverable ; driving employee engagement, and building leadership strength within the centers, you will develop and nurture teams in order to achieve desired results, setting a positive and rewarding culture. Travelling to respective centers on an adhoc basis, you will be an active ambassador for our culture and drive the implementation of regional and group wide projects linked to enhanced service delivery and excellence.
You will work closely with the GM North America Operations and the Marine Service Managers to drive process improvements across the region in all aspects related to billing.
This position will be based in Baltimore, where you will also have the responsibility of managing direct reports responsible for the entire Atlantic area.
· Ensure service delivery is provided to the highest standard by bringing solutions to the forefront and always with the customer’s needs in mind
· Engaging in thoughtful and insightful conversations with customers offering solutions while being an Inchcape brand ambassador
· Coaching regional teams on customer service, selling and being proactive to address customer’s needs (and those of our customer’s customer)
· Act on escalated customer service matters eliminating barriers and finding optimal solutions
· Leading a great team across the region, surrounded by lively people, motivating, empowering and delegating for the benefit of everyone
· Guide small and medium scale projects from concept through implementation, working with vendors, customers and corporate leadership
· Participate in recruiting to identify and evaluate employees and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire
· Set clear goals and expectations for the Disbursement teams. Measure performance, provide feedback, and hold leaders accountable
· Leading people to provide exceptional customer service while bringing energy to the office on a daily basis.
· Creating effective local teams and developing talent across the region. Finding strength in others to build meaningful connections
· Leading by example on the floor. Connecting with employees by being responsive, accessible and open to everyone at all times
· Responsible for managing the values and attitudes of the people in the region to provide exceptional customer service, drive our business and achieve our business goals
· Network with other leaders across the company to solicit and share updates and other critical information that will impact our business
*Further operational responsibilities are outlined in the Appendix listed below
· Participate in development of long-term strategies to reduce waste, optimize service and improve customer experience
· Actively drive weekly / monthly dialogues across regional operations and with local teams to ensure that targets for the region are being achieved
· Work closely with the Marine Service and Port or Operations Managers to drive continuous improvement in the area of disbursement accounting
· Initiate and run strategic initiatives to identify opportunities to reduce the DA turn-time and eliminate supplementals with a deep dive review of port operational procedures to drive and encourage best practices across the Region
· Work together with Port managers and Regional Procurement to reduce the lead time in receiving invoices from ATS
· Take responsibility for and strengthen client and partner relations through key meetings and speaking engagements. Deliver to the expectations of port operations and that of the customer in delivering a timely, accurate and professional end-product.
· Understand that improvement in reducing the DA turn-time and eliminating rework will be critical to the Region’s success or failure. Own this responsibility with passion and conviction and as such never remain satisfied with current performance. Share this passion and conviction throughout the Region.
- You love to engage with people. You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication
- You have at least threeyears of leadership and coaching experience where you have focused on developing and nurturing your team to achieve goals together
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively in all forms
- You understand the maritime world is an ever-changing industry and you possess strong time management and organizational skills to lead your team to achieve excellent results.
- You take pride in your work. You own your region!
- You want to make everyone across the region excel
Knowledge, Experience and Other Skills
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in general maritime industry with exposure to various parts of the shipping industry, with billing and accounting experience preferred.
· Project management and Process improvement experience would be ideal
· Balance multiple tasks, changing priorities & operate within a deadline-oriented environment.
· Proven Leadership qualities
· Bachelor Degree is a minimum requirement
The right person:
At Inchcape we pride ourselves by having the right People on our bus, and we value interpersonal qualities rooted in a strong personal value set:
· Be motivated
· Self-driven i.e. have an “inner drive”
· A desire to produce the best results
· Want to be part of industry transformation
· Be team player and people person
· Be a decision maker
· Be dedicated
· Value driven
· Have work ethics
· Be a rigorous operator
· A desire to learn
· Be curious and seeking to understand
· Positive and uplifting attitude
· Authentic (doing the right thing even when no one is looking)
· Have a global perspective and be progressive thinking
· Strongly committed to our customers’ standards
· Be committed to Sustainability and care of the environment
· Actively drive weekly / monthly dialogues across regional operations and DA centers to ensure that DA targets for the region are being achieved
· Continual review of port and DA center procedures to identify opportunities to eliminate lead times and reduce rework
· Responsible for developing and implementing standardized standard operating procedures as far as DA billing is concerned
· Supporting the Area DA team Leads and Area MSM’s in managing and scheduling workload of the DA teams and providing input for performance appraisal purposes
· Direct engagement with customers to understand their needs. Build key stakeholder relationships with clients
· Respond to escalations, customer complaints and other significant issues that require specific and timely response
· Work with port offices and disbursement centers on a daily basis to solve issues that arise
Learning Management System
The following are sample courses recommended for this role. These courses are available at the Learning Management System (LMS). New hires will automatically receive a Learning Plan which may include these courses. The content of these courses and their title may change from time to time.
ü CEB HR Module 1 - Preparing and Executing Performance Reviews
ü CEB HR Module 2 - Individual Development Plans (IDPs)
ü Customer Complaints Corrective Action Request Training
ü Customer Service Training (Generic)
ü Customer Service Training for Port Agency
ü Quality Assurance
ü Finance for Non-Finance managers
Descripción de la Plaza/nSe requiere Auditor Interno Debe contar con competencias avanzadas en términos contables y auditoría Interna. Experiencia en cargos...
Desde Cruz Roja Panameña - Panamá
Publicado hace 23 días
. Principales funciones y responsabilidades: - Recoger los paquetes a ser entregados al cliente. - Establecer la ruta más eficiente para realizar la entrega de...
Desde Confidential - Panamá
Publicado hace 24 días
Main Activities: - Develop the communication plan, including presentations, news, social networks and others. - Communicate and promote the company culture...
Desde Confidential - Panamá
Publicado hace 24 días
Administrative Assistant - Support to the company in administrative works under supervision of the senior manager 2. Assistant for Administration works...
Desde Manpower Panamá - Panamá
Publicado hace 24 días